[GRASSLIST:2606] Re: Moire effect in aspect map - solved

Christof Bigler christof.bigler at colorado.edu
Fri Feb 13 20:28:05 EST 2004

Hamish pointed me to the fact that the pattern could be an artifact,
which might had been created when the original data had been processed.
And yes, indeed, when we were zooming into the aspect map in ArcGIS, we
could detect the same pattern. Thanks to Hamish and the others who
helped me!
But I also have to consider that without this pattern, I wouldn't have
detected the inconsistency beetween gdal and grass, i.e. the missing
column and row when importing the map with r.in.gdal (see my former
e-mails).

Christof