[GRASSLIST:2619] Re: compilation with BLAS under OSX

William K woklist at charter.net
Sat Feb 14 23:12:51 EST 2004

[oops meant to send to list as well]

Chris,

That's strange, because there is no libcblas in Mac OS X, so -lcblas
should not work (doesn't for me - MOSX 10.3.2 + current Dev Tools,
never did as far back as MOSX 10.1).

Blas IS included in the vecLib framework in OS X, tho (that's probably
where you found the cblas reference, I think that's how I found the
vecLib thing).  The way I've always fixed this is to patch configure by
changing all occurrences of '-lblas' to '-framework vecLib'.  At the
same time you can change all '-llapack' to '-framework vecLib' to get
lapack - it's also in the vecLib framework.

On Feb 13, 2004, at 1:06 PM, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> During the configuration process, when --with-blas is specified, the
> configure looks for -lblas. Under OSX, using Apple's developer tools,
> the BLAS library is specified as cblas, therefore the configuration
> fails. Changing -lblas to -lcblas in the configuration file fixes this
> failure. Someone might want to alter the configuration file in CVS to
> look for either.
>
> Chris
> --
> Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
> Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of
> Georgia

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy