[GRASSLIST:2728] Re: Problem importing arc info file

Andrew selkiesdad at twcny.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 08:31:42 EST 2004

The header must be positioned at the beginning of the data file, the
entries for each point must be listed one per line and ALL headers must
be present AND must have correct values.

e.g.

ncols 301
nrows 301
xllcorner -75.4421
yllcorner 44.2576
cellsize 0.0001
NODATA_value -9999
val1
val2
.
.
.
val90601
EOF

For UTM or other coordinates in meters the values would be in
appropriate units, not degress as in this example.