[GRASSLIST:2732] R.los - scripting analysis, from sites file/data

Lars Forseth larsf at powertech.no
Tue Feb 24 17:21:14 EST 2004

Hi!

I'm wondering if its possible to script r.los in i the following way:

I have a sites file (archaeological sites, burials (cairns/mounds)) that I
want to have a viewshed of, and a raster elevation model.  What I want is a
script that fetches the coordinates from the sites file, makes a viewshed
analysis, naming the output raster after the name/ID of the site.

Anyone have something like this?

(By the way, could it be done in Perl? - the only programming language that I
think I know enough of to try to do it in).

regards
larsf

Lars Forseth
Archaeologist