[GRASSLIST:2766] r.terraflow on a X,Y location

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 26 20:18:33 EST 2004

Hello,
I try to run "r.terraflow" (GRASS53 on a SuSE8.2 box) on a small location. I
get this error message:
#-------------
WARNING: grid larger than memory (ignored)
r.terraflow: grid.cc:56: grid::grid(short int, short int, short int, short
int, long int, int): Assertion `width*height*sizeof(gridElement) <
getAvailableMemory()' failed.
#-------------

What surprises me is that "r.terraflow" runs without problem on larger
locations (in all cases, I precise a max memory value with the "mem" option).
The location with problems is in X/Y system, when the others were in UTM.
Would this mean that, because I don't any PROJINFO information (after all,
I'm in X/Y location), r.terraflow can't access "width" nor "height" nor
"res"? But then, why not using the size of the DEM (an obvious mandatory
argument), where 'width' and 'height' would be defined by the size of the
map? Is there any workaround ?

Any idea/comment more than welcomed.
Thanks in advance

P.

--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering