[GRASSLIST:2150] stream networks

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Wed Jan 7 21:41:20 EST 2004

I am trying to use GRASS 5.7 for some hydrologic modeling; in
particular, I need to develop a stream layer composed of segments that
know what their downstream neighbour is. I know there are functions
like r.watershed that will produce a stream layer, but not a "network"
as I describe, and there are network functions that I generally see
used for roads, but not streams. Could these be combined in some way to
produce what I need, or am I barking up the wrong tree? Any advice
would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia