[GRASSLIST:2157] Re: error to display gml map

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Thu Jan 8 05:52:21 EST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 11:28, hamdi ines wrote:
> Hello,
> Radim  before I want to thank you from your help.
> I tried g.gisenv set=DEBUG=3 and i tried to use after
> v.in.ogr,d.vect but i get the follow result and i
> could'nt display my gml file in monitor because the
> coor is than larger, please how resolv this problem i
>
> why the dbmi error nor resolved:
> >GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > v.in.ogr dsn=/root/output.gml
>
> output=gmltest4

> D3/3: create table gmltest4_1 (cat integer,
> gml:description varchar ( 0 ), gml:name varchar ( 0 ))

There are 2 problems in this statement, ':' in the name of column
and zero width of varchar.
You have to remove 'gml:' from field names in your GML file.
How was that GML file generated?
I had the same problem with zero width columns, 0 means that column width
is unknown. I have changed v.in.ogr in cvs so, that column width is set to 255
(warning printed).

Radim