[GRASSLIST:2169] Re: r.in.gdal : Unresolvable problems?

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Fri Jan 9 08:25:38 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 09:29:45AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Ben,
>
> I have downloaded o36080g5.zip map and imported without
> problems using
>
>  - GRASS 5.3-CVS
>  - GDAL-CVS
>  - compiled GRASS with --with-gdal
>
> My suggestion is to polish the system and eliminate all
> GDAL libs. Probably there are different versions in
> different directories? Check out for
>  - gdal.a
>  - libgdal*
>  - ogr*
>   etc

Hi, Markus.  Thanks for responding.

This morning I ran 'find' from the root of my filesystem and searched
for anything named gdal* libgdal* or ogr*.  I removed everything (gdal
related) that turned up, removed the grass installation and sources
and removed the gdal sources.  I then compiled gdal-1.1.9, and grass
5.0.3 using --with-gdal (and also --without-fftw, but I'm assuming
that shouldn't affect it).  I had the same problem as before.

As soon as I can get to a fast connection, I'll grab the CVS versions
of grass and gdal and try again.  If that doesn't work, I'll really be
lost.  I was hoping to get it working soon because I'm trying to
create a Knoppix-based GRASS demo cd using data from my area.  I want
to make several copies and distribute them at my community college
because I think it would be a great way to let people play with grass
and see what it can do without having to know how to set it
up...especially since most people don't run *nix.

I'll let you know if the CVS version works or not.  Any ideas if it
doesn't?

Thanks,
Ben

--