[GRASSLIST:2170] r.out.tiff and r.out.gdal

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:17:20 EST 2004

Hi,

I noticed there is an r.out.gdal script in the scripts folder of my 5.3
distribution. Is it working?

GRASS:/mnt/d/d/podatki/mok/ttn5 > r.out.gdal in=ttn5 format=GTiff out=ttn5c
ERROR: GDAL installation does not support GRASS.
       Recompile GDAL libraries to use r.out.gdal.

What does that mean? I already compiled gdal and it is working properly.
Should I in this case include "./configure --with-grass"?

If so: how do I uninstall the already installed gdal library? I appologise
for non GRASS questions but I am curious.

The initial problem was the command
r.out.tiff -ptv in=ttn5 out=ttn5 comp=packbit
was not working properly on my image, while without the -p flag it was. See
the attachment for a part of the image: ext.png="without -p", ext2.png="with
-p". The problem is the image is quite big (15341x15307) so I would like to
speed up the processes a little bit.

Thanks, Miha Staut