[GRASSLIST:2211] Re: Import into rast from tiff

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Wed Jan 14 06:56:05 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:00:13PM +0300, ????????? ??????? wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Can I import tiff image into 1 rast instead of 3 r,g,b rasts?
>
> Why all of 3 imported images looks like gray and broken (with vertical
> lines)?
>
> I used the command r.in.tiff input=data.tiff output=mydata because
> r.in.gdal is not working on Cygwin due to stackdump.

Hi,

I'm not positive about r.in.tiff, but I assume it works the same way
as r.in.gdal when importing tiffs.  If so, you need to run i.composite
after running r.in.tiff.  You should have an image group matching the
name you imported the tiff under.  Use that and set the RGB
components, and it should give you the color image you were expecting
to see.

HTH,
Ben

--