[GRASSLIST:2234] Re: Import into rast from tiff

francesco.pirotti francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Thu Jan 15 02:48:55 EST 2004

You have to open the tiff with an image editor (GIMP works great) and save
the tiff as (in the gimp program, don't know about others)
"Image"->"Mode"->"indexed" instead of as "RGB"... in other words instead of
having the colors coded in three bands Red Green Blue with each having 8
bits x 3 = 25 bits, you get on single band with 8 bits of info coded into a
color table.

I see you have Cygwin so you are on windoze... you can download GIMP for
windows as well.

Ciao

At 13.00 14/01/2004 +0300, you wrote:

>Hi, all
>
>Can I import tiff image into 1 rast instead of 3 r,g,b rasts?
>
>Why all of 3 imported images looks like gray and broken (with vertical lines)?
>
>I used the command r.in.tiff input=data.tiff output=mydata because
>r.in.gdal is not working on Cygwin due to stackdump.
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Francesco Pirotti
CIRGEO -Università degli Studi di Padova
tel. 049 - 8272522
fax.  049-8272686
cel. 328-2126861
francesco.pirotti at unipd.it