[GRASSLIST:2217] How to make mosaic of the raster files?

Zbigniew Perski perski at us.edu.pl
Wed Jan 14 11:00:05 EST 2004

Hi everybody,

I have 6 scanned maps which was resampled into one project. The maps are
  overlapping a bit and the scans includes also parts outside the map
frame. Unfortunately after resampling to the project the mas are not
rectangular. I would like cut out unwanted parts and mosaic the pieces
into one file using r.patch. I have tried r.mask but it is masking out
map values but not map areas. Is there any method in grass how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Zbigniew

--