[GRASSLIST:2394] Re: s.surf.rst generating seemingly empty rasters

Matthew Tennant Matthew.Tennant at MobileInnovation.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 10:29:24 EST 2004

Glynn Clements wrote

>Are you sure that setting is effective? What is the result of running
>the command "echo $CYGWIN" within the GRASS shell?
>
>Also, what does "mount" say? For a mounted filesystem, the mount
>options override the CYGWIN setting.

echo $CYGWIN results in a blank line being outputted

mount results in the output below (I have a lot of substed drives on my
Win2000 set-up)
Looks like I'm still in textmode! Any suggestions as to how to set
binmode? My sites file is located
in c:\cygwin\data\....... My grass installation is in
c:\cygwin\usr\local\., I think.

c:\system\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts on /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts type system
(binmode)

c:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin/ type system (textmode)
c:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib/ type system (textmode)
c:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type type user (textmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type type user (textmode,noumount)
h: on /cygdrive/h type type user (textmode,noumount)
j: on /cygdrive/j type type user (textmode,noumount)
k: on /cygdrive/k type type user (textmode,noumount)
l: on /cygdrive/l type type user (textmode,noumount)
etc