[GRASSLIST:3829] Re: Startup problems - OSX 10.3.3

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jul 7 13:10:03 EDT 2004

Install the libraries from Lorenzo Moretti's binaries.

  <http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/>

Fast mirrors at:
  	EUROPE  	http://rea.ei.jrc.it/netshare/kaplan/grass_mirror/  (Jed O.
Kaplan @ JRC)
   	USA 	http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/grass_osx/ (my site)

Make sure you DON'T have the July 1 2004 libraries (see the note on
Lorenzo's site about these).
Once you install them, you need to make sure that you add
/usr/local/grasslib/bin to your path. If you have installed Lorenzo's
Mac OSX binaries, this is already taken care of.

I suppose that the other possibility is that you have a path problem,
if you have already installed these binaries and Lorenzo's libraries.

Check your path by typing $PATH <return> in an XWindows terminal after
you attempt to start GRASS. It should include the grasslib folder
indicated above.

Hope this helps.

Michael
On Jul 6, 2004, at 10:01 PM, Multiple recipients of list wrote:

> Hello
>
>  I am trying to start up Grass on a Mac G5 10.3.4 machine with X11.
> The GUI window pops
> up on launch, but it opens a "grass57" terminal window with the info
> below. It seems that
> things are not loading properly. Can anyone offer a suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ------S

> Application initialization failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the
> following
> directories:
>    @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@ /usr/lib/tcl8.4 /lib/tcl8.4 /usr/library
> /library /tcl8.4
> .4/library @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@

C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA