[GRASSLIST:3839] Re: r.out.gdal

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 16:18:51 EDT 2004

Hello

SWlab wrote:

> Hello,
> I'd like to export maps with 'r.out.gdal' in GRASS53 (compiled from sources on
> a SuSE8.2 box). I end up with the error message:
> ERROR: GDAL installation does not support GRASS.
>        Recompile GDAL libraries to use r.out.gdal.
>
> I tried to recompile gdal (1.2.1) with the --with-grass flag (I didn't in a
> first step), but it doesn't work: gdal looks for libgrass.h, which it can't
> find (because there's no such file in my grass53 directory).
> What should I do to get r.out.gdal running ?
> [Actually, I'd need to get the projection information saved into a raster, and
> r.out.tiff -t doens't do what I wan't]
> Thanks a lot for any idea
> P.

Simplest way to get what you want is maybe r.out.tiff -t followed by
gdal_translate -a_srs `g.proj -wf` grassoutput.tif gdaloutput.tif
(run from within 5.7 to have g.proj working).
I think gdal_translate will read the .tfw file, the -a_srs option adds
the projection and it should all be merged into a proper GeoTIFF file?

Or install libgrass ( http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/grass/ ) in order
to compile GDAL with GRASS and get r.out.gdal working. Or use Radim's
new patch for GDAL ( http://qgis.org/gdal_grass_patch.tar.gz ) to allow
GDAL/r.out.gdal to work with 5.7 shared libraries without the need for a
separate libgrass.

Paul