[GRASSLIST:3838] r.out.gdal

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 8 14:11:07 EDT 2004

Hello,
I'd like to export maps with 'r.out.gdal' in GRASS53 (compiled from sources on
a SuSE8.2 box). I end up with the error message:
ERROR: GDAL installation does not support GRASS.
       Recompile GDAL libraries to use r.out.gdal.

I tried to recompile gdal (1.2.1) with the --with-grass flag (I didn't in a
first step), but it doesn't work: gdal looks for libgrass.h, which it can't
find (because there's no such file in my grass53 directory).
What should I do to get r.out.gdal running ?
[Actually, I'd need to get the projection information saved into a raster, and
r.out.tiff -t doens't do what I wan't]
Thanks a lot for any idea
P.

--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering