[GRASSLIST:3847] Re: Projection lat/lon (gps) to local system

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 00:37:58 EDT 2004

> > Please describe how you re-projected your GPS points into the ngo48
> > datum so we can spot if there is anything wrong there---this seems
> > to be where the problem is.
> >
> Are there more ways to do it? (I know it used to be some kind of
> 'sites' projection utililty, but I didn't find that in 5.7)  I just
> made a lat/lon location into which I imported the gps-points, and then
> I used v.proj to reproject them to my 'local' location.

GRASS 5.3:  m.proj2 -i

GRASS 5.7:  cs2cs + `g.proj -jf`
(cs2cs is from PROJ4)

see:  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/4013

also in 5.3, s.in.garmin for Garmin GPSs will automatically project +
transform sites. I haven't finished updating v.in.garmin yet for
5.3 or 5.7 but they're mostly there..

Hamish