[GRASSLIST:3887] Re: Geophysics White Paper, 1st Revision

Benjamin Ducke benducke at compuserve.de
Tue Jul 13 14:39:32 EDT 2004

Being an archaeologist, my ideas about geophysics are certainly
very limited. I basically need functionality that enables me to
quickly get clear visualisations of built structures that are not
very far below ground. In my work, I cover areas of rather limited
extent (say a few hectares) with off-the-shelf equipment (gradiometer,
caesiometer) and lots of measurements.

I realise that people who work in, say, exploration may have quite different
needs.

Because of this, I am especially interested to know whether the
system I outlined in the white paper would suffice for other fields as
well AS A LOW LEVEL BASIS.
I guess that, to compete with commerical products, there would
have to be a lot more high-level functionality, e.g. for visualising and
analysing cross sections, 3D visualisation etc.

So, maybe your company will contribute?

Cheers,

Benjamin