[GRASSLIST:3901] Re: concurrent use

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Jul 14 03:25:25 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:41:35AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> tatel at euskalnet.net wrote:
>
> > After recompiling from CVS, this is what I get when starting 57:
>
> > /usr/local/grass-5.7.cvs/etc/Init.sh: g.gisenv: command not found

IMPORTANT (concerns all users compiling a fresh GRASS 5.7 from CVS):

Due to the change from hard links to soft links, a recompilation
requires a cleaned binary tree.
I had the same problem and solved it my running

make distclean
configure ...
make

The change from hard to soft links is somewhat not discovered
by the Makefile system. So simply run 'make distclean',
then recompile and the problem should be gone.

Subsequent recompilations should *not* need 'make distclean'
every time. It's just required to migrate from hard to soft
links.

Markus Neteler