[GRASSLIST:3980] problem compiling new 5.7 source

Andrew selkiesdad at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 08:00:54 EDT 2004

I just downloaded the 5.7 source code after reading the announcement
that it has been officially released. I have a problem with the include
files for proj4 (installed proj4.4.7 in /usr/local/mapserve under
include lib and bin). The configure reports no errors but the compile
fails at

nad2bin.c:8:22 projects.h:No such file or directory

and a list of related warnings .

projects.h is right where I say it is, and I had no such problem with
grass5.30 source. I did have an identical error problem with an "extra"
freetype include file (installed with the slackware packages I
originally chose) during the 5.30 compile, but I fixed that by
specifying which include to use. I see no such problem with the proj4
includes and the 5.7 source.

Slackware 9.1 with kernel 2.4.20 , gcc 3.2.2 on an x86 PIII box.

I was curious if there is an obvious fix known for this. I searched the
users archive but didn't see anything that seemed equivalent.