[GRASSLIST:4046] GIMP & GRASS?

Du Chavoux luyt educluyt at sun.ac.za
Thu Jul 29 11:03:33 EDT 2004

Hi

1. I've read about using Photoshop together with GRASS
(http://www.pdcarto.com/mtncarto02/GRASS.htm) and would like to know if
there is any tutorials or documentation for using GRASS together with
the GIMP... spesifically in what format to export GRASS raster files to
GIMP and how to get them back into GRASS without losing their
"georeferencing".

2. If anybody has some experience using these 2 programs together, I'd
like to know which is easier to use for supervised classification. I
know that the threshold tool (or to a lesser degree the "magic wand")
can be used in the GIMP for this purpose, I'm still reading the GRASS
manuals to find the tool to use for this.

Thanks
Chavoux