[GRASSLIST:4048] Re: Grass 5.7 vectors

Du Chavoux luyt educluyt at sun.ac.za
Thu Jul 29 11:16:04 EDT 2004

Hi

>>I've started using 5.7 and now when I use d.vect I get a series of
>> crosses at each point, instead of a series of lines connecting the
>> points.
>>
>> I'm aware the sites and vectors have been merged in 5.7 so I suspect
>> I've imported my vectors as sites instead of vectors,

>Sounds right. Try using 'd.vect icon=basic/circle type=point' and
>'d.vect type=line' to be sure. I prefer circles to the crosses for point
>data, but maybe they are too slow to draw to be the default. As is they
>don't distinguish themselves from area centroids.
>d.what.vect is handy as well.
Hamish, maybe you could help me here: is there a way to set the size of the circles to correspond to one of the attributes in the connected dbf file? (In my case to reflect the size of the herd seen in a specific position).

Thanks for all help so far... I'll probably pester the list a lot more.

Regards
Chavoux