[GRASSLIST:3580] Re: error running grass57

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Thu Jun 3 04:49:42 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 11:53, Didit Ahendra wrote:
> and error like this:
> GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > Error in startup script: ps.map:
> error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1:

It cannot find GDAL library, check if libgdal.so.1 is installed
(libgdal0-1.1.9-2mdk.i586.rpm) and there is a path to this
library in LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable or /etc/ld.so.conf.

> and if I execute grass command, error like this:
> GRASS 5.7.-cvs:~ > g.list
> g.list: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgrass_gis.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory

Check if libgrass_gis.so exists in lib/ directory in the
destination where GRASS 5.7 was installed and
if the path to this directory is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable
in GRASS shell.

Radim