[GRASSLIST:3685] r.proj taking too much time?

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Wed Jun 16 21:33:50 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have started to do some projections, and while vector projections
have gone very well, I'm having trouble with raster projection.
Specifically, r.proj seems to take forever.  As far as I know this is
not a very large raster file.  Projecting from lat-lon to UTM has been
running my processor all out for 30 minutes, but still has not yet
reached 1%.  It sill reads:

Projecting... 0%

I've not done much raster projection, so I don't know if this is
normal.  Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks

Jason

Jason Horn