[GRASSLIST:3709] gnu software for digitizing

juan pablo perez valdentro at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 07:50:25 EDT 2004

Hi

I'm working with my pupils with GRASS (developping several DEMs) and they
have problems because v.digit is not as friendly as is MapInfo (as a first
module we worked with it)

Is possible to work whit another gnu-program that supports raster images and
layers to digitize contours and export them (e.g. as *.dxf) into GRASS?. I
tried with The GIMP, but it don't exports in vector format; also tried with
QCad, but it has not support for raster layers,...

Can anybody help us?...