[GRASSLIST:3757] Re: v.digit and raster as background

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Jun 28 01:17:08 EDT 2004

On Jun 27, 2004, at 10:01 PM, Multiple recipients of list wrote:

> Date: June 27, 2004 3:45:25 AM MST
> To: "GRASSLIST(engl)" <GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>
> Subject: [GRASSLIST:3755] Re: v.digit and raster as background
>

> On Sunday 27 June 2004 12:35, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> [...]
>
> already found a mistake -- changed vector names, now it should be fine

Actually, it probably won't work from the autogenerated GUI. At least
it never has on my Mac. This is another case of the autogenerated GUI
not parsing arguments with spaces. In this case, the bgcmd=d.rast
mapname won't work because there is a space. This does work from the
command line. It also works if you add a raster command from within the
v.digit settings dialog after starting v.digit.

Michael Barton

>> # digitize a new vector and using the first vector and the raster
>> image as
>> background
>>
>> d.erase # clear monitor
>> v.digit -n map=name_of_second_vector bgcmd="d.rast
>> map=name_of_your_raster; d.vect=name_of_new_vector"
>> #v.digit GUI appears and the layer defined in the "bgcmd=" settings
>> are
>> displayed in the background. The "bgcmd=" settings have to be seen as
>> series of commands separated with ";", therefore the last command
>> "d.vect"
>> displays the previously created vector on top of the raster image.
>
> Martin

C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA