[GRASSLIST:3778] Re: v.reclass in GRASS 57

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jun 29 03:43:47 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 04:27:01PM -0400, SWlab wrote:
[...]
> ... With GRASS57beta, I needed
> to use avcimport to change from e00 to coverage, then run ogr2ogr to change
> from coverage to shapefiles, and import with v.in.ogr. Now, it seems that I
> can import my coverage directly (I still need to get it with avcimport), as
> long as the initial category names satisfy the 10character limit (limitation
> of the dbf driver, as Radim pointed out). OK, I can try to fiddle with
> ogr2ogr to get something in another driver... Thanks for you advices

Some time ago I have filed a wish for OGR to also support E00
format. Maybe you want to join this report and express your
wish? Sensing some $$ might accelerate the implementation... The
pieces seem to be almost there in the driver:

 ogr/ogrsf_frmts/avc/

 * Name:     avc_e00parse.c
 * Project:  Arc/Info vector coverage (AVC)  E00->BIN conversion library

If someone is able to patch it - also welcome :-)

Markus

PS: The GDAL/OGR bugzilla is still not functional, so please
    recheck later.