[GRASSLIST:3034] Re: v.extract without centroids

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Mar 26 07:47:39 EST 2004

Radim Blazek schrieb:

> On Thursday 25 March 2004 13:36, Otto Dassau wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I have two questions:
> >
> > 1) I imported an area shape with 6000 polygons in g57 and
> > there are 2 centroids missing. How can I find these two
> > centroids?
>
> I believe that those 2 areas without centroids are slivers between
> shape polygons.
>
> > 2) I used v.extract on this shape (with the 2 missing centroids).
> > v.extract in=SHAPE out=SHAPE2 type=area where='AREAQM>1'.
>
> Try type=area,centroid. This is not correct and it should be fixed,
> type=area must export also centroids.

Hi Radim,

thank you for your hint:

I used:
v.extract in=SHAPE out=SHAPE2 type=area,centroid where='AREAQM>1'.

it exports areas _and_ the centroids, but now _all_ areas,
although I just want to export areas > 1 with centroid.

Number of nodes     :   6765
Number of primitives:   7692
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   7529
Number of centroids :   163
Number of areas     :   2300 -> should be 163 !
Number of isles     :   1373
Number of areas without centroid :   2137

What can be done to solve this?

  thank you
   Otto