[GRASSLIST:3421] bad results from vector to rast conversion

stef sepd2003 at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 18:42:30 EDT 2004

Dear GrassList,

I have a question regarding converting Vector Maps
into Raster and the resulting Raster output.

Background:
I had e00 files that I imported to vectors and they
are beautiful.  The categories are there and
everything looks good.

Current:
Now, I must export them into raster.  So I used the
v.to.rast command with resolutions: 5, 30, 50.  The
results are disappointing; the resulting raster
"streams" map is a series of a few points which are
barely detectable.  I have tried to interpolate the
points with v.surf.rast but the results do not give a
result that is much clearer, or I get a segmentation
fault, or I get a message about it taking too long
with a 0% hanging the system..

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Stef