[GRASSLIST:3446] problems assessing the distance from sites to a surface

Robert S. Nuske rnuske at gwdg.de
Thu May 20 06:32:40 EDT 2004

Hi grasslist,

I have an estimated bare earth surface as a raster map and a 3D point cloud
(LIDAR measurements) as a sites-list.

To get the vertical distance between the sites and the surface I use s.sample
comparing the cell values of the raster map with the first decimal field of
the sites (Z-value of the points).

The problem is that the resulting sites-list contains only one decimal field:
the vertical distance. And the original Z-value of the sites was dropped .

So, I can select the points, which are in a certain range of the surface, but
how do I get my actual Z-values back?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert