[GRASSLIST:3466] v.cutter

Luis Gonçalves Seco luis at novalis.web.pt
Sat May 22 17:47:53 EDT 2004

Hi,
I whould like to know how can i do this:
Suppose I have a mount (vector) that belong to a city(vector), but the mount
area it exceeds is border. If i use v.cutter the result will be the inside
part of the interseption, no?. But I want to know how I can obtain only the
part that don´t belong to the city area (outside part). In raster mode I can
do that, but I need that in vector mode. Probably if I used the result of
the v.cutter then make v.patch with the mount vector and finally with
v.extrat I will obtain the result. There is an easy and logic way to do
this?

thanks

Luis Gonçalves Seco