[GRASSLIST:4707] Re: Patching Vectors and Postgress

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 21:11:28 EST 2004

> 2) Is it possible to export to a file the centroids of the vectors ?

Copy the vector to something new with g.copy.
[or use v.extract to only select centroids, list=1-9999999 if unlabeled]
Use v.type to convert centroids into points.
Use v.out.ascii to output points to stdout.

> 3) I want to create only one vector with all the files, so I'm using
> v.patch, after doing
> -Fisrt of all why I don't have a new table corresponding to my NEW
> vector AB in my database ?????

Because it doesn't know which cat column to use after they are merged.
Use the db.* commands to create a new table with columns SELECTed from
old tables.
search the mailing list for a more correct explaination from Radim.

good luck,
Hamish