[GRASSLIST:4754] Re: s.surf.idw

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 16:12:24 EST 2004

> My next question: getting the following error when running s.surf.idw:
>
> Reading sites amp (RedSeaBathyFinal) ...Error:
> Decimal field 1 not present in sites file
>
> This seems like a fairly simple, yet fundamental error. There were no
> error messages when I imported this file (an ascii file) and it
> displays fine. Can anybody suggest where I'm going wrong?

I can't find an attribute for elevation. This should be stored as the
first floating point attribute. What does:

s.out.ascii RedSeaBathyFinal -adi | head -10

show?

You should see:

easting northing #cat %elevation

In the actual sites file this is stored as

easting|northing|#cat %elevation

's.surf.idw field=2' would be for:

easting northing #cat %something %elevation

for topography/bathymetry, s.surf.rst might give better results too...

Hamish