[GRASSLIST:4791] Re: Install on Mac OS X

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Thu Nov 11 17:34:36 EST 2004

On Nov 11, 2004, at 4:03 PM, Gretchen Gallegos wrote:

> Dear GRASS Users,
>
> I would really like to use GRASS, but always have trouble with the
> installation. I have just tried to install the latest version for the
> Mac. I think I have correctly installed by 5.7 and 5.3. However, I
> cannot install the grassdata_demo_filse. The installation goes past
> 90% completion and then fails. I am running OS X 10.3.6.
>
> I have been following the list and don't recall that anyone else had
> this problem.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gretchen,

I'm not sure what the grassdata_demo_files contain, but I have never
had any trouble just unpacking the tar balls for each of the different
demo datasets. You can find them here. Note that there are different
spearfish data for 53 and 57 (I think it has to do with different
vector formats).   You can find them here:

http://grass.itc.it/data.html

Kirkw

> Thanks,
> Gretchen Gallegos