[GRASSLIST:4792] Re: Install on Mac OS X

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 18:06:23 EST 2004

> I would really like to use GRASS, but always have trouble with the
> installation. I have just tried to install the latest version for the
> Mac. I think I have correctly installed by 5.7 and 5.3. However, I
> cannot install the grassdata_demo_filse. The installation goes past
> 90% completion and then fails. I am running OS X 10.3.6.
>
> I have been following the list and don't recall that anyone else had
> this problem.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I take it you are using the install files by Lorenzo Moretti?

Note the installer installs these files in the root (/) directory not
your home directory. If you are the only one using your computer, just
drag the "grassdata" folder into your home directory (/Users/you) and
then when you start GRASS make the database /Users/you/grassdata.

Hamish