[GRASSLIST:4797] Re: monitor doesn't open

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Nov 11 20:52:10 EST 2004

Maciek Sieczka wrote:

> I have just installed a precompiled CVS Grass 5.7 30_10_2004. I can't start
> any monitor. I didn't have this problem in any older CVS Grass 5.7.
>
> Does anybody guess what could be wrong with my instalation? Thanks.
>
> GRASS 5.7.cvs:~ > d.mon x0
> Could not execute monitor: No such file or directory

XDRIVER failed to compile; examining the error.log file should confirm
this.

A change was recently made such that the display drivers required
FreeType; if you didn't enable FreeType support, the drivers would
fail to compile. That has been fixed (hopefully) today. I suspect that
your snapshot (30_10_2004) was made during the point that this was
broken.