[GRASSLIST:4818] transition probability

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Fri Nov 12 18:35:54 EST 2004

Greetings-

I am curious if anyone has ever used GRASS in conjunction with T-PROGS for
transition probability studies...

If it hasn't, I am wondering if there are a couple of vector commands that
could do the following:

given an input polygon map of several categories, and a line drawn across
these categories,

1. sample the polygon boundaries(and their respective category) that the line
intersects

2. put the above information into a new vector line that contains line
segments that have an attribute that matches the category of the polygon that
they intersected.

If I could get this far, I figure that a bit of programming could get the data
into a format that T-PROGS will accept. I would be willing to incorporate my
findings back in to GRASS as a module or script (?) if anyone is interested.

Any thoughts, or is this just far too crazy? ;)

PS: GRASS is starting to gain popularity here at the university, perhaps in a
year or so we will have a user group...

--
Dylan Beaudette
Soil Science Graduate Group