[GRASSLIST:4831] Re: Problems importing Data into lat/lon with negtiv south value

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 15 01:55:47 EST 2004

When I was trying to expand my r.in.aster script to include MODIS data, I
got a message from Frank Warmerdam (GDAL head developer) that there was a
problem in georeferencing MODIS with GDAL. If I remember, I think it had to
do with the MODIS metadata that gdalwarp would use for georeferencing.

Michael Barton

On 11/14/04 11:31 AM, "Stephan Holl" <sholl at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello Paul,
>
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:55:34 +0000 (GMT) Paul Kelly
> <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Stephan Holl wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Users,
>>>
>>> I am trying to import some MODIS data into GRASS. In a first step I
>>> managed to convert a subdataset of the MODIS data into img-format
>>> using gdal_translate.
>>>
>>> The dataset is a global dataset which should be in lat/long.
>>>
>> [...]
>>>

>>> The problem seems to be with negative south and west values, as
>>> GRASS needs south boundaries as 90S and not -90 (as my data have).
>>>
>>> Is there a solution to use this kind of data in GRASS? Thanks for
>>> any pointers on this topic.
>>
>> What actually is the problem? Did something go wrong when you tried to
>> import it into GRASS? Was this using r.in.gdal? And which GRASS
>> version?
>
> yes, r.in.gdal did not work, because latitude for south was illigal.
>
> Proceeding with import...
> WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for South
>
> no map is imported.
>
> thanks for any hints.
>
> Stephan

PO Box 872402