[GRASSLIST:4847] Re: Using FileMaker Pro 7.0 as a DBMS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Nov 16 10:31:27 EST 2004

Theoretically (I haven't done this mind you), you can start your file maker
database, define it as an ODBC data source, and use ODBC within GRASS to
access your tables. If you are successful with this, could you let me know
as I use filemaker and might want to do this sometime. In my case, I'm on a
Mac, but do have windows machines in my lab in case ODBC works better this
way.

Michael

On 11/15/04 9:16 AM, "Kurt Springs" <ferret_bard at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a question.  In addition to GRASS I use Filemaker Pro 7.0 for my
> general database.  Someone mentioned to me that I could use databases
> created in Filemaker with GRASS using the DBMS functions.  I'm not sure
> I described this right.  Essentially, is there a way to use Filemaker
> with GRASS with out finding a way to convert the file to a ProgreSQL or
> MySQL file?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Kurt D. Springs

School of Human, Evolution and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671