[GRASSLIST:4895] rasters reprojection UTM -> LAEA

Rado Bonk rado.bonk at jrc.it
Mon Nov 22 07:08:19 EST 2004

Dear GRASS users,

I have problems with reprojecting ArcINFO rasters from UTM to LAEA. I
defined LOCATION to imported the rasters (based on data provider info):

name: UTM
proj: utm
ellps: grs80
a: 6378137.0000000000
es: 0.0066943800
f: 298.2572221010
zone: 33

However, r.in.gdal did not import the rasters in this location, and
"-o" parameter had to be used, which imported the rasters into XY
location with following parameters (PROJ_INFO file is missing):

projection: 0 (x,y)
zone:       0
north:      5791545
south:      5777620
west:       3471357.5
east:       3479962.5
nsres:      5
ewres:      5
rows:       2785
cols:       1721

The target LAEA location is:

name: Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
proj: laea
a: 6378388.0000000000
es: 0.0
f: 0.0
lat_0: 52.0000000000
lon_0: 10.0000000000

How can I reproject the files from XY location with coordinates to LAEA
location? r.proj refuses to reproject XY rasters into LAEA.

Thanks,

Rado Bonk

--
Radoslav Bonk
European Commission - DG  Joint Research Centre (JRC)