[GRASSLIST:5010] Re: Using FileMaker Pro 7.0 as a DBMS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 22:51:15 EST 2004

> > One other thing.  When creating the location, I needed to use the
> > list command.  I've forgotten how to get out of the list once I find
> > what I need.  I could not find the correct key sequence in the book
> > or manual.
>
> This was a secret that stumped me and I wish that this was done a
> different way. The secret letter is 'q' (for quit).

... Lorenzo Moretti's MacOSX binaries use the "less" program for g.list.
Personally, I prefer the "more" program for this role. Change it by adding

export GRASS_PAGER=more

to a file called ~/.grass.bashrc
(if your default shell is bash. For OSX 10.2 it is probably csh, use setenv)

see:
http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass57/manuals/html57_user/variables.html

Hamish