[GRASSLIST:4901] Re: libogdi31.so

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Nov 22 20:45:57 EST 2004

Sandro Klippel wrote:

> > > installing the new version of GRASS (20-11) I see that there is a new
> > > needed library (libogdi31.so) that is available only for Mandrake.
> > > Is it a truly needed library or only a bug in the binary of the week?
> >
> > Probably the latter. Which programs/libraries require it?
>
> GDAL compiled with OGDI.

In that case, it should only be an issue for the GDAL library. Delete
the libgdal binary which came with GRASS (from $GISBASE/lib) and
install one which is compatible with your system.

Given the large number of possible dependencies for GDAL, the chances
of a libgdal binary built for one system is working on another system
are low. It doesn't help that GDAL's configure script insists on
autodetecting everything; you have to explicitly provide --without-*
switches for any libraries which you don't want to use.

Probably the simplest solution is to either build GDAL yourself from
source code, or install your OS vendor's "official" GDAL package (if
they have one), along with all of the necessary dependencies (package
management tools such as RPM will either do this for you or at least
tell you what you need to install).