[GRASSLIST:4995] Re: [GRASS5] v.patch in 5.7 problems

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Mon Nov 29 16:03:35 EST 2004

From: "Radim Blazek" <blazek at itc.it>

> Maciek Sieczka wrote:
>> grass57_exp_2004_11_13
>>
>> After merging a vector consisted of points with a vector consisted of
>> lines using v.patch I get a file where some lines and points are assigned
>> the same "field:" and "category:". It unables me create a database which
>> would assign the elevation values to both points and contour lines at one
>> time! And I need it to be done so in order to interpolate this "merged"
>> elevation information in one turn with v.surf.rst. Both input files had a
>> nice database.
>>
>> BTW - why doesn't the v.patch create a merged database for the output
>> file while in 5.5 the v.patch copies all the input's cats and labels to
>> the output?
>>
>> Please somebody answer and let me know if it's a bug worthy of a bug
>> report.
>
> It is wish report.

Thanks for the reply.

After re-thinking my problem I'd say that it should rather be a regular
bug - in my opinion in one vector file there may not be two diffrent
features having the same "field:" and "category:" which happens when using
v.patch. Am I wrong?

Maybe the second part of my previous email - the database for the output not
being created - should be taken as a wish?

Maciek