[GRASSLIST:5006] Still having database trouble.

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Tue Nov 30 14:33:47 EST 2004

Hi Folks,

Update.  I still can not connect to my database, even if it is converted
to a .dbf.  I started with db.connect set to dbf and the data base name
with string.  It seemed to work fine.  I used v.database.  It also
seemed to work fine.  Then I ran  v.in.db, and this is the message I got:

v.in.db driver=dbf database=/Users/Documents/grass_stuff/Geographic.dbf
table=
/Users/Documents/grass_stuff/Geographic.dbf/Wedge_Tomb_Geographic_Data
x=Easting y=Northing key=Catalogue_Number output=Wedge_Tomb
Sorry
</Users/Documents/grass_stuff/Geographic.dbf/Wedge_Tomb_Geographic_Data>
is not a valid option

Now the table name is what I used in FileMaker.  When I converted, I
just took over the catalogue number, easting, and northing.  Table is a
required field, but I wasn't sure what I should use, or perhaps I did
not format it right.

On another note, I still can't convert my old GRASS 5.3/5.4 site files
into point vector format.  This is what I get:

GRASS 5.7.0:~ > v.in.sites input=wedge_tombs output=wedge_tombs
Input format: dimension: 2   strings: 1   FP:1
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Cannot open dbf database: /Users/Documents/grass_stuff/Geographic.dbf

Like it is still try to connect to a data base rather than the site_list
file.  Any thoughts on correcting this?

Kurt