[GRASSLIST:4493] another grass53 installation question - how to modify tcltkgrass interface

jun liang liangj at email.unc.edu
Fri Oct 8 09:45:17 EDT 2004

The default monitor setting only has 7 usable monitors (x0, x1, x2 ~
x6). To have more monitors (we want all students in one course to use
grass at the same time), which source files should be modified? Until
now I tried modifying monitorcap (under /src/display/devices/monitorcap/
) and also re-compiled grass53 but still could not get it on
tcltkgrass&. However, I can use d.mon x10 to start a new monitor. So
here the question is how can we change the looking of tcltkgrass GUI for
those additional monitors.
Thanks.