[GRASSLIST:4495] Re: hgt to bil (SRTM)

William K woklist at charter.net
Fri Oct 8 17:33:43 EDT 2004

Oh blast!  Just figured out that GDAL takes care of the cell center ->
cell edge conversion of the header.  So my method shifted everything NW
1/2 cell.  So it's even simpler: the ULXMAP is the tile longitude, and
add 1 to the latitude for the ULYMAP.

Good thing I noticed before importing the whole US next week.  And
that's probably why the VMAP0 coasts didn't match very well before ^_^

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect