[GRASSLIST:4514] Re: grass on sun solaris

nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Tue Oct 12 19:21:59 EDT 2004

>>nick
>> I searched for pre-compiled binaries of GRASS on sunfreeware.com.
>>
>> I could not find any.
>>
>> Am I not looking properly? Or do the binaries no longer exist?
>
>Markus
>
>currently there is no recent pre-compiled binary package for
>SUN on the site. We are seeking for someone to compile it for
>us (we can assist). I have no more access to SUNs so I cannot
>provide these binaries.
>
>Maybe you can help?

nick

I've checked with my IT branch and they say I should be able to
go ahead and compile, and that handing back the binaries should
not be a problem, since they are under the GPL.

I am running Sun Solaris 8 on a sparc 5 machine.

I am not familiar with unix, but I do realise I need to get
familiar if I'm going to make grass work.

What should my first steps be?

Thanks

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.