[GRASSLIST:4524] Re: making an eps file

nvk2 at humboldt.edu nvk2 at humboldt.edu
Wed Oct 13 12:08:40 EDT 2004

Carlos,

The standard reference for PostScript is the "Red Book", formally known as
"PostScript Language Reference" in its 3rd edition from Adobe. EPS stands
for Encapsalated PostScript and simply has a bounding coordinate box
specified. PDF and PS/ESP are similar except PDF lacks the programming
elements (and therefor cannot carry malicious code to other machines). PDF
also supports features like transparency. Amazon.com lists the book for
$34
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201379228/qid=1097682963/sr=8-2/ref=pd_csp_2/104-6003528-2503115?v=glance&s=books&n=507846).
The publisher's website is:
(http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0201379228). When writing your
program I suggest including support for turning Grass themes/datasets into
EPS layers.

Best of luck,

_Nathaniel Vaughn Kelso
  Research Cartographer