[GRASSLIST:4526] Re: making an eps file

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Oct 13 14:25:12 EDT 2004

Carlos Henrique Grohmann wrote:

> does anyoen know where I can find a descrption of the eps format, so I could
> write a program to make an eps output?

EPS is "Encapsulated PostScript", and it's essentially just PostScript
which conforms to certain conventions. Note that PostScript isn't a
data format but a full programming language.

> I'm learning C and I think this could be a good exercise.

Not really. Writing a C program to generate PostScript would teach you
more about programming in PostScript than programming in C.