[GRASSLIST:4542] Re: turnoff tcl/tk interface

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 16:13:07 EDT 2004

Hello

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Robert Stein wrote:

[...]
> mapset / location / etc...  but does nothing for commands that I might issue
> afterwards (e.g.  r.in.gdal, r.colors, etc...) these interfaces still
> pop-up...
>   Can someone tell me what the magic incantation is to get all these gui's
> to stop popping up?

I take it you're using 5.7? Setting the environment variable GRASS_UI_TERM
to anything should stop this. Note that the tcltkgrass menu entries won't
work if you have this set, as they assume it isn't set.

To stop the GUI appearing on startup all you have to do is start once as
'grass57 -text'. After that the setting will be stored in your .grassrc{57}
file.

Paul